Monday, September 15, 2014

My First Official Blog....

I like to think there is no such thing as "too much" when it comes to my beauty products.  I subscribe to at least 8 different beauty magazines and 3 beauty boxes. When it comes to the boxes, it's like getting a present in the mail.  

Ipsy comes in a pretty metallic pink envelope and inside that, the products always come in a different makeup bag every month.  Sometimes I get a full-sized product that is worth more than the $10 a month that I pay for the subscription.  Sometimes I get stuff that I'll probably never use.  But it's still fun when I get even a deluxe sample of a high-end product like Urban Decay or Noir.

Birchbox comes in a neat little gift  box with tissue paper inside, pretty much like a real gift...lol...and they're very similar to Ipsy in where sometimes I get a full-sized product and sometimes I might even get a deluxe high-end.  I even received a free years subscription to Women's Health in one of the boxes.

Lip Monthly is a fairly new box subscription.  I get 4-5 full sized lip products and one "mix-up" product.  I get a lot of lipcolors and glosses from City Color, which I had never heard of before this subscription, but their products are pretty good.  My favorite out of this so far has been a really pretty Stila lip crayon.

The magazines...lol...are a whole different problem!  I started out by subscribing to Cosmopolitan and Elle.  Because the company that owns these magazines is so expansive, I received several emails thereafter for other magazines at a deeply discounted price.  So I ended up also with Glamour, Marie Claire, Lucky, People Style Watch, Shape, Self, and In Style.  Think I have enough??

And, as always, I can't write my first official blog without including a picture or two of my nephews.  First of all, I am the oldest of 3 and the only girl, so I like to think I look out for my brothers, even though they can be a pain in the ass sometimes.  Jason is a couple years younger than me and has 2 boys, Aden @ 12 years old and Kaisyn @ 2.  When Aden was born, I was his only auntie, and I spent TONS of time with him, taking him to the zoo, to Knott's Berry Farm, and babysitting him most of the week, all while I was working at Savon AND going to College of the Canyons.  As you can imagine, my time was jam-packed back then.  But this is what I do for family :)  When Kaisyn was born, Aden and I were both hoping for a girl, and it turned out we were blessed with Kaisyn.  He is such a loving little boy.  He likes to cuddle while watching television, and likes to go for walks (even though auntie will only go if it's cool enough), and if he thinks you have a "boo boo", he'll try to kiss it.  I look forward to seeing him grow up.  He's very smart and very hilarious.  I love making him laugh <3

This is from earlier this year when Aden came for a visit. His mom moved with him to Tennessee, so we don't get to see him hardly at all.  I miss this kid like you wouldn't believe.  As you can see, Kaisyn missed him too <3  He was glued to Aden pretty much the whole day.  My brother is lucky to have 2 smart and caring little guys.  Aden's voice is already starting to change too!  I look forward to each time I get to spend with either/both of these boys, and love them as if they were my own.

Not bad for a first blog, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment